The cold has finally arrived in Vancouver and it’s getting chilly real fast. With the chill, comes the start of cold and flu season. How can you naturally boost your immunity now when so much is at stake?
As we know, colds and the flu are easily contagious and can spread quickly but washing your hands and avoiding high-touch surfaces as much as possible can go a long way to keeping you healthy.
However, there is much more you can do to protect you and your family, like boosting your immunity with complementary holistic and natural methods. If you’re interested to know more about that, Thuja Wellness practitioners can help you!
Strengthening your body for the flu season
The best way to boost your immunity is through a more holistic, whole-body approach. This includes strengthening your body, your mind and spirit. Which will include consultations and treatments from a variety of holistic practitioners, based on where you need strengthening, as well as several things you can do on your own.
Let’s look at what you can do right now to boost your immunity:
Journalling to boost immunity
Did you know that being more aware of your mind and body can help boost your immunity? It’s true! Journaling is a great way to help you track your mood and how your body is responding to any diet or lifestyle changes you’ve made to help boost your immunity and health.
For example, cutting sugar from your diet is one way to strengthen your body to increase your immunity. A nutritionist (like Mareike at @empowerment_through_nutrition on Instagram) can support you on your sugar-free (or sugarless) journey.
Whenever you make any big lifestyle changes like cutting out sugar, we recommend journaling to help you better monitor and track your progress.
For example, every day write down:
- How are you feeling today?
- What have you been eating?
- How did you start your day?
- What changes did you implement or notice today?
- How would you like to feel the following day?
This will help you better see your baseline and be more mindful of the positive changes that are happening.
Nutritional suggestions to boost immunity
Staying healthy and eating a balanced diet is another easy way to boost your immunity. A nutritionist can take a closer look at your current diet and nutrition to see where you can eat healthier.
Generally, you can’t go wrong filling up on more fruits and vegetables. Always wash them thoroughly and choose organic when possible. Cutting out, or minimizing, refined sugar in your diet can also help boost your immunity (and help your waistline too).
Naturopathy for boosting immunity
Your naturopath can also help you boost your immune system. In addition to providing nutritional guidance, they also can ensure your body is best enabled to absorb the nutrients its taking in. You might benefit from a boost from a naturopathic IV injection of specific immune-boosting vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Your naturopath might also check your digestive system to make sure you’re processing these foods fully by suggesting that you:
- eat more cooked, pureed or blended food
- try natural bone broths
- test out new spices
- add fresh immune-boosting herbs to your foods
- boost your natural vitamin C intake
- incorporate probiotic foods
- eat at more consistent intervals
Acupuncture for boosting immunity
It may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of immunity-boosting, but acupuncture is often an effective way to further boost your immunity!
For example, acupuncture can help you sleep better and a better sleep gives your body more time to heal and rejuvenate and creating ideal conditions for immunity boosting. Acupuncture can also help you treat the root cause of any other bodily injury or disease, which makes your body stronger to fight off infections, the flu, and the common cold.
Regular visits to your acupuncturist before and during cold and flu season can help you keep your body in tip-top shape to fight off any unwanted viruses and infections. A holistic, whole-body approach to immunity. As with any health journey, getting the right advice and support is crucial to your success in reaching your goals.
If you’re looking to try a one-off treatment, we’re offering new clients 20% off their first treatment at Thuja Wellness for a limited time.
If you’re ready to give yourself the holistic whole-body immunity boost to help you get through this cold and flu season, we’ve put together the Immune Support Package.
Your package includes:
- Two appointments with our Licensed Naturopathic Dr. Samantha Bowen @dr.sambowen. An initial 75-minute consultation to review your current and past medical history plus a 30-minute return appointment. She will create an individualized treatment plan focusing on dietary counselling, stress management, nutraceuticals, botanical medicine, and IV nutrient therapy.
- Four 60-minute appointments with our Registered Acupuncturist Kelsey Bru @inner_strength_healing. She will tailor the treatments specifically for your body type to boost and strengthen your immune function in preparation for cold and flu season.
To book this package:
- Click on our appointment page,
- Search for either Dr. Samantha Bowen or Kelsey Bru
- Book the “Immune Support Package”
You can also call us at 604-742-8404 to book.