A Counsellor is a practitioner who uses the skilled and principled use of relationship to facilitate self acceptance and encourage emotional growth.
Not all pregnancies are successful first time round. In fact, for most women the older you are the harder it becomes to conceive. Fertility is not only effected by age but by environmental, emotional and physical factors as well. These factors play on our emotions and can make life and our relationships difficult to deal with. Feelings of inadequacies and failure can arise from both partners, male and female.
Discontinued Pregnancies- Miscarriages, Terminations/Abortions and Still births are extremely hard to cope with for many women and their respective partners. For many women experiencing a discontinued pregnancy can lead to feeling emotions such as fear and shame. As they are left alone to grieve or told not to grieve. Quite often this can lead to women experiencing depression.
Counselling is for all family members including Husbands/Partners and Children
Counselling provides individuals and couples with the chance to address and resolve specific problems, develop coping strategies for over coming a crisis, addressing and resolving specific problems, making better decisions, developing personal insights and knowledge, working through feelings of inner conflict or improving their relationships.
Have they experienced any of the following
- Abuse – Sexual, Physical, emotional
- Depression- feelings of hopelessness, lack of/increased appetite, lethary, difficulty getting out of bed, sad or suicidal thoughts.
- Grief – loss of a loved one
- Eating Disorder- Anorexia Nervosa or Bulimia Nervosa
- Marriage Separation or Divorce
- Chronic pain- long term pain (greater than 6mths) in any part of the body that inhibits your normal lifestyle activities
All Thuja Wellness Practitioners work together as a team. They develop appropriate treatment plans to incorporate other modalities, ensuring a complete holistic approach to health, wellness and healing.