Don’t see your question here? Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Clinic Hygiene, Cleaning & Disinfection
- We have three sinks available for handwashing. Each sink will have handwashing guidelines displayed.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each treatment room & reception area.
- Isopropyl Alcohol (91%) will be available in each treatment room for cleaning purposes.
- A 15 minutes gap between each scheduled appointment designated for cleaning time.
- All linen will be stripped off the treatment table & clean linen applied.
- All equipment used during the treatment will be cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol (91%) immediately after use.
- All surfaces, door handles, light switches, chairs & tables will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Floors will be vacuumed & mopped (with Isopropyl Alcohol 91% & Eucalyptus Oil) as an opening & closing procedure.
Practitioner & Patient Hygiene
- For precautionary measures, all patients & practitioners will have their temperature taken by a touchless thermometer on clinic entry. Anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celcius or 99.5 Fahrenheit will be sent home immediately (24 hr cancellation fee will not apply).
- During hands-on treatment, practitioners will be required to wear gloves & face masks.
- During treatment, patients will be required to bring & wear their own face mask. If you don’t bring one we will provide you with one for $2.
- When coughing or sneezing please cover your mouth by coughing & sneezing into your elbow crease.
- Always wash or sanitize your hands when entering & exiting the clinic.
Scheduling Appointments & Communicating with Patients
- We have identified there can be 6 patients at 6ft (2 meters) distance in the reception/waiting area at one time. We will stagger appointments 15 mins apart to ensure we only have 6 people in the reception/waiting area at one time.
- All appointments to be made online where possible.
- Our 24-hour cancellation policy will not apply to anyone who has been medically diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Anyone who has become sick, place on self-isolation, or has traveled in the last 14 days please reschedule your appointment.
- Try to come to your appointment alone & without children unless your child is being treated.
- Consent forms need to be updated on a patient to patient basis. Please fill them out online prior to your appointment.
- We will not have a receptionist for the first month upon reopening.
- Plexiglass will be added to the reception desk once our receptionist returns to work.
- All money transactions will be limited where possible. Please update your credit card details when you make your next booking online. We will no longer be giving paper receipts. all receipts will be automatically emailed to you.
- Please fill in all paperwork prior to your appointment.
- All seating has been arranged at 6ft (2m) distancing. There are 4 designated seats and 2 people can stand within a safe distance of one another. The 6ft distancing has been marked under the chairs & on the floor for your reassurance.
- Please try not to arrive more than 5 minutes early to avoid crowding. If you arrive and there are 6 people already in the waiting room. Please stand outside or wait in your car until the exact time of your appointment.
- We will still be offering water and ginger tea. All cups will be disposable. Please discard them in the bin provided after you’ve finished using it.
Thank you for your patience in advance while we navigate COVID-19 health regulations & safety.
Where is Thuja Wellness?
Our address is #201-1416 West 8th Ave. That’s the corner of 8th and Hemlock.
Where can I park?
There is meter parking all around the clinic as well as a pay parking lot just west of us.
What should I wear?
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and a clip bra if applicable.
What if I cannot use the stairs up to your clinic?
We have a ramp at the back of the building! Call or email us before your appointment and we’ll make sure someone lets you in that way.
Can I book online?
Yes you can! Click here to book your appointment now.
What’s your cancellation policy?
We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancel within less than 24 hours of your appointment and you will be charged the full cost of the appointment unless we can fill your spot.
What if there isn’t a spot available?
Add yourself to the waitlist and we’ll call you if an appointment opens up.
How much will my treatment cost?
Prices depend on the type of treatment and practitioner you see. Follow this link to book online for pricing breakdown.
Does my Medical Services Plan (MSP) cover treatment?
Most of our services are not covered by MSP. However, many extended health plans do covered Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
Osteopathy is not covered by MSP. Most extended health plans do cover Osteopathic Practitioners but it does depend on your specific plan. Please check with your health plan prior to treatment to make sure you’re covered. Otherwise, treatment cost will be full price.
Do you bill directly to insurance companies?
We can for acupuncture visits but patients must submit their own claims for osteopathy. Many extended health plans cover osteopathy but we recommend checking with your provider prior to your first visit.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We take debit or credit.
Acupuncture & TCM Treatments
Will it hurt?
Most patients experience mild to no pain with acupuncture. You might feel a dull ache or pinch when the needles are inserted but this should subside quickly. Our practitioners use only disposable needles so the process is entirely sanitary.
How many sessions do I need?
Your practitioners will discuss what the best treatment schedule for you might be but generally 1-3 visits per week for at least a few months will ensure that you see results.
Can I exercise after my treatment?
Nothing is completely off limits but you may undo some of the relaxation benefits if you engage in high intensity activity after your appointment.
Can I exercise after my treatment?
No. To experience the full benefits of your treatments you should not exercise or engage in strenuous activity for the remainder of the day following your treatment.
Fertility & Pregnancy Programs
Is massage really an important part of the Fertility Enhancement, Birth Preparation or Postpartum recovery program?
Stress is a common factor in fertility issues, birth preparation and postpartum recovery. Research states that women who have a lot of stress in their lives have difficulty conceiving. There are many reasons for feeling stress during pregnancy. One of the main stress factors of pregnancy is the birth itself as it can bring up a fear of the unknown. Once a baby is born, there is so much for a new mom to cope with: breastfeeding, lack of sleep, hormonal changes and physical healing. Massage helps to destress you by calming your nervous system so that you are able to cope with stress better. It will reduce your cortisol levels which will help balance your hormones for fertility, prepare and soften your muscles for birth and help you deal with the changes a newborn makes in your life.
Can I use my own Massage Therapist?
We do not advise using your own massage therapist when embarking on a Thuja Wellness Fertility Enhancement Program, Birth Preparation Program or Postpartum Recovery Program. Our extremely skilled Massage Specialist has been specializing in pre and postnatal massage for over 10 years. She is brilliant at what she does. More over, She works with all of Thuja Wellness practitioners and collaborates with them to ensure a greater outcome for your goals. A Massage Therapist who is not involved with these programs will not have the same information or insight as our Massage Specialist.