Leaders in Natural Postpartum Recovery
Let us help you recovery faster from Natural Birth or Cesarean Section
Recovering from a natural vaginal birth is much faster than the recovery from a C-section. You will be back on you feet anywhere from the same day to the end of the week post vaginal birth. It takes up to six weeks to recover from a C-section. This is why we encourage vaginal births over pre-planned C-sections.
Postpartum recovery isn’t just about the birth factor, it’s also about breastfeeding. Women get in awkward breastfeeding positions while feeding their baby, mostly due to sleep deprivation and admiring their creation during, which puts a lot of strain on the neck, middle back and rib cage. Postpartum pain is not normal and should be treated immediately.
Recover Postpartum: Monthly Treatment Plans
Our individualized monthly treatment plans offer an integrated approach to help you recover faster, balance your hormones and to prevent unnecessary aches and pains.
This treatment plan is a combination of the following treatments:
Naturopathic Medicine is primary healthcare, that uses a variety of healthcare systems to each patient’s case. Treatment is tailored to treating the individual’s root cause not just the symptoms with homeopathy, herbs, supplements, diet, nutrition & lifestyle coaching.
- tests & balances hormones related to postnatal depression
- tests nutritional deficiencies related to breastfeeding & loss of blood during birth
- gives appropriate nutritional advice to maintain healthy weight for you & your baby
Osteopathy is holistic manual healthcare that treats all body pain and dysfunction related to your joints, muscles, nerves, connective tissue & internal organs. Treatment is tailored to treat the individual’s root cause not just the symptoms with Osteopathic Manual Techniques.
- Relieves muscle tension
- realigns pubic bone, pelvis, lower back, hips and ribs
- decreases emotional, physical & traumatic stress related to labour & birth
- increases immune function
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM is a 3000 year old eastern medicine, which focuses on restoring energy (Qi) along meridians or Qi points, while building the body’s constitution from the inside out. Treatment uses acupuncture, acupressure massage, cupping, moxibustion & Chinese herbs.
- balances hormones related to postnatal depression
- increases healing time with natural & cesarean births
- reduces post operative pain
- helps to increase milk supply
Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of soft tissue- muscles, tendons, ligaments & fascia (connective tissue) to alleviate pain caused from injury or postural problems & helps to maintain health & function.
- increase immune function
- increases circulation
- alleviated muscle pain caused by natural or cesarean birth
- helps to relieve emotion & physical stress related to being a new mom
Meet the Team
Dr. David Jeng, DTCM
Registered Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Registered Acupuncturist.
Ila Casselman, B.Clin.Sc, M.Ost.Med.
Owner, Osteopathic Practitioner
Dr. Alexina Mehta, N.D
Judy Chee, R. TCMP
Registered TCM Practitioner