Leaders in Natural Birth Preparation.
Pain is not a normal part of pregnancy.
Pregnancy can be a beautiful and amazing experience for many women. However, some women have quite an uncomfortable experience. Pregnancy can cause frequent nausea and vomiting as well as pain and discomfort in the hips, lower back, pubic bone and ribs. Pain and discomfort is not a normal part of pregnancy. It means your body is struggling to adjust and is out of alignment due to the continuous changes that are taking place. Women who participate in our birth preparation treatment plan are not only more likely to experience a more comfortable pregnancy, but are more likely to have a shorter, easier labour and birth.
Birth Preparation: Monthly Treatment Plans
Our individualized monthly treatment plans offer an integrated approach to help you prepare for labour and birth.
Each treatment plan is made up of a combination of the following treatments:
Naturopathic Medicine is primary healthcare that uses a combination of healing systems unique to each patient’s case. Treatment is designed to address the root cause, not just the symptoms, with homeopathy, herbs, supplements, diet, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.
- helps to reduce emotional stress
- helps to maintain hormonal balance
- encourages appropriate nutrition
- helps to reduce the likelihood of gestational diabetes
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM is a 3500-year-old eastern medicine which focuses on restoring energy (Qi) along meridians or Qi points while restoring and building the body’s constitution from the inside out. Treatment may include acupuncture, acupressure massage, cupping, moxibustion and Chinese herbs.
- relieves morning sickness & everyday sickness
- helps to reduce emotional & physical stress
- balances hormones
- corrects fetal positioning
- ripens cervix in preparation for labour & birth
- induces labour
- relieves pain during labour
Osteopathy is holistic manual healthcare that treats all body pain and dysfunction related to your joints, muscles, nerves, connective tissue and internal organs. Treatment is tailored to treat the individual’s root cause, not just the symptoms with Osteopathic Manual Techniques.
- helps to reduce emotional, physical & traumatic stress
- enhances immunity
- maintains alignment of your lower back, pelvis, hips, pubic bone & ribs
- relieves sciatic pain
- regulates body for optimal fetal positioning, making your baby’s journey through the birth canal easier for you both
- relieves migraine & tension headaches
Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of soft tissue muscles, tendons, fascia (connective tissue) and ligaments to alleviate pain from an injury or postural problems and maintain health and function.
- helps to relieve stress & anxiety around labour & birth
- increases immune function
- improves circulation
- relieves tired & sore muscles
Meet the Team
Mareike Buthmann, CHN, ROHP, RNCP, Metabolic Balance® Coach
Kaitlin Newman, B.App.Sc, M.Ost.
Loren Thompson, RPC-C
Registered Professional Counsellor, Reiki Master
Dr. David Jeng, DTCM
Registered Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Registered Acupuncturist.
Ila Casselman, B.Clin.Sc, M.Ost.Med.
Owner, Osteopathic Practitioner
Dr. Alexina Mehta, N.D
Judy Chee, R. TCMP
Registered TCM Practitioner